Where to Start…
A kitchen is the most complex and the most used space in the house, so it's important that your kitchen accommodates your needs and lifestyle as closely as possible. To ensure your kitchen fits you perfectly, we recommend taking the following step…
1. Create A Wish List
One of the most important stages in designing your dream kitchen is creating a wish list, as this will be the starting point for your new kitchen. Things to include in your wish list are:
- Highlight photos that attract you
- Note interesting accessories and ideas
- Take photos of kitchens from friends and family that you like
- Include current photos of your kitchen- what works, what doesn’t?
Colours & Finishes
- Consider the style and period of your home, include elements that reflect this
- Document flooring and wall colours in rooms that join the kitchen, this will help determine the look of your kitchen.
Likes and Dislikes
- List everything you hope to achieve in your new space, taking into consideration things you like / dislike in your current kitchen.
2. Determine Your Style
Once you’ve completed your list of what you want in your kitchen, you’ll need to decide what you want your new kitchen cabinets to look like. We’ve grouped our styles into four categories:
Visit your nearest showroom to view the full line of finishes available.
3. Create a Floor Plan
While a professional site measure is required by our experienced sales representatives before production, we recommend sketching a preliminary floor plan of your space to begin planning with your kitchen designer. The template provided will help you get started:
How to Measure Your Space:
- Overall dimensions: Measure the room from wall to wall in each direction.
- Note all windows and door openings from the outside of the window casing or door trim.
- Locate sink and appliance centers.
- Measure the height of the ceiling from the floor; be sure to indicate if there are bulkheads.
- Indicate where electrical outlets and light switches are.
- Measure height and width of all appliances (if keeping them).
4. Book an Appointment
Now that you’ve taken the first steps to creating your dream kitchen, set up an appointment to meet with one of our knowledgeable designers at the showroom nearest you. Send us your name and contact information and one of our qualified Kitchen designers will be in touch to begin planning your kitchen.